My vision includes positively managing growth, embracing the future with shared understanding and collaboration for fiscal spending, honoring property owners, ensuring a safe, innovative learning environment that includes students, staff, parents and the community with a high level of communication and transparency in the process.
I am a conservative voice, with high expectations, who is continuously raising the bar for myself and the district. I am proactive, and responsive to parents, with a proven track record of results. It is my goal to always focus on the student, the person, and our relationships to each other. Valuing the differences among us, and the unique journeys we all take.
I seek to foster a culture with a primary focus on what is best for students, and staff, nurturing relationships to enhance learning, and the confidence of each child, ensuring a safe learning environment, meeting each student where they are: encouraging them to meet their potential and explore their passions in pursuit of excellence.
I support a culture that embraces open communication with parents and partnerships to enhance learning, exploring different career paths and learning styles.
I believe in open and responsive communication, listening and reflective decision making with students, teachers and parents.
We are stronger working together; our culture should reflect a wide array of experiences and opinions, to reflect the diversity that makes a beautiful community.
Here are a few of the things I have accomplished for district and community in the past. The kinds of things I look forward to doing more of in the future.
• MISD/City of Midlothian Joint Committee Coordinator
• Leadership TASB Class of 2020
• Master Trustee Designation will be completed May of 2020
• TASA State Convention – Presented Program on Mentors Care -2017
• Washington D.C. Advocacy NASB – 2018, 2019
• Servant Leader Award Committee – 2018, 2019
• Teacher of the Year Award Committee – 2018, 2019
• HB3 Superintendent Management Goal Setting Committee – 2019
• Chair of the Standard Board Operating Procedures Committee – 2020
• District Wide Partnership Committee with Local Business – 2017
• TASB Regional Legislative Advisory Council – 2017 -2020
• TASA/TASB Delegate Assembly Member for MISD – 2017
• Annual Back to School Bash – 2017,2018,2019
• School Board Secretary – 2019
• Digital Threat Assessment Conference – 2019
• Restorative Discipline Conference – 2019
• Active Shooter Training – 2017, 2018, 2019
• Bond Oversight Committee – 2011, 2016, 2018, 2019
• Personnel and Compensation Committee – 2019, 2020
• Architectural Review Process – 2020
• District Wide Middle School Rezoning Process – 2019
• Ideated the return of Drug Testing and Rolled out District Wide – 2018
• Ideated the Express Health Care Clinic for Employees – 2018
• Career Day Presentations for JR Irvin & JA Vitovsky
• Instrumental in passage of 2011 and 2016 MISD School Bonds
Strong schools are the foundation of a strong community. My vision is to help create an environment in our district that energizes our leaders and teachers and results in top performing schools with students who are among the best educated in our state for college or career.
I am a proponent of fiscal responsibility, accountability, and transparency. Professionally I help clients plan for and protect the future for their families and children. I will apply my skills, knowledge and experience to planning for a strong, healthy, and successful school district for many years to come.
I am informed about the Main Issues facing our school district and am enthusiastic about sharing my ideas and working together with board members, school leadership, teachers and parents to meet and exceed those challenges. I am a common-sense consensus builder with strong faith, community commitment, and passion for the job. And I bring my skill, experience, education in business, public service, and military service, and motherhood to bear.